About the choir
Mixed Choir JITRO was founded in 1997 as a graduate choir of the Czech Children‘s Choir Jitro in Hradec Králové. Both groups were conducted by father and son Jiří Skopal. In the years 2013-2021 the choir was leaded by Jan Fajfr, present choirmaster is Lukáš Mekiňa. Nowadays there are about 30 singers not only from the Skopal’s choral school.
The choir´s reputation is evidenced by awards at the international choir competition Iuventus Mundi Cantat in Olomouc by gaining 99 out of 100 points. The choir is regularly invited to major music festivals, famous czech composer Jan Jirásek invited Jitro to record the music for the musical Pinocchio and for the movie Kytice by F. A. Brabec. The Choir collaborates with other artistic ensembles, philharmonic orchestras from Hradec Králové and Pardubice.
- Prague Spring: Missa Solemnis/W.A.Mozart with Pardubice Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra
- Ofer Ben-Amots premiere
- Festival of Sacred Music in Lecce: Magnificat/J.S.Bach and Antonio Vivaldi
- Movie recordings: Kytice/Jan Jirásek
- Rock oratorio/J.Johansen and E. Kulberg
- Smetanova Litomyšl festival: Carmina Burana/Carl Orff
- World premiere of Missa Pastoralis/J. Laburda
- The Festival od Sacred Music Šumava/Bayerischer Wald
- International Music Festival Ji-Nan China
Repertoire includes sacred music, compositions from the period of the Middle Ages to the 21st century, music from both the classical and popular spheres, including modern works, choral arrangements of spirituals and jazz music.
This wide spectrum of the repertoire allows the choir to arrange varied and individual dramaturgy of each concert, that could be focused on a development of both world and national choral literature, or dedicated to specific authors, or designed as thematic e.g. for an Advent and Christmas time, etc.
Vytautas Miskinis: Cantate Domino und Paul Basler: Gloria (Kenianische Messe)
Geistig Deep River
Smíšený sbor JITRO, z.s.
Phone: +420 777 253 344